We don’t get many decades in life so it’s important to take stock of each one that goes by.
My last decade?
– Wrapped up a brutal engineering degree at McMaster University
– Ended one of the cushiest jobs ever at Nortel Networks (I feel like a personally helped bankrupt the company)
– Met and married the love of my life
– Landed an awesome job at IBM, traveled plenty, and then quit
– Wrapped up a Master degree at Tyndale part time (usefulness still in question)
– Became a Father to two beautiful children – Stellar & Gem
– Discovered I was mortal after numerous injuries & ailments
– Failed abundantly
– Found faith, lost faith, and found it again
– Led a church towards a journey whose destination remains unknown
– Started writing, creating events, speaking, and leading in unexpected ways
– Uncorked a number of passions I can’t wait to materialize this next season of life
It’s strange to think that of the thousands and thousands of years of human history, we each only get to share in seven or eight decades.
Time waits for no one.
I know many of you are up to extraordinary things. What did you learn, become, and do this past decade?