Here’s my latest technology update that helps me in life, ministry, mission, etc.
– A new google picasa v3 is to be released today as well, with synchronization and facial recognition.
– I’ve switched from using Microsoft OneNote and Google Notebook, to evernote. It doesn’t have onenote’s snazzy tabs, but it allows me to sync my laptop, desktop, and online notes finally.
– In preparation for the event, I researched online ticketing and discovered brown paper tickets, eventbrite, and money transfer through paypal. All with a lot of potential, but I was too cheap to succumb to the 2-3% cut the services take.
– Facebook Events… somewhat works. I was feeling really about about the response rate for my event, but then looked at many others, and it looks like there’ really only a 5-10% response rate. I know I’ve rarely responded to mine, but a great easy start for building some buzz.
– Skype – I’ve began doing marraige counseling through it for some friends out of town, but I’ve found it’s almost as good even with local meetings, saving gas and travel time.
– Google phone – I don’t know how many years I’ve been waiting for this one, but rumours are it’s coming along to be released by the end of this year. Some pics here. One day I’ll be cool.
– Starbucks wifi – This one applies to Canadians too for once, 2 hours of free wifi with an active starbucks card. And no, you don’t have to be a bell canada customer.
– After a long while, I just received my first hundred bucks from google ads, but text-link-ads pay out is probably 3-4 times more on average I find.