Firefox version 3.0 was just released moments ago. (They’re trying to set a world record for downloads today and looks like the servers are down, you can get direct download links here).
I’ve always been a productivity/tech junkie, besides firefox, here’s some random stuff I use to get stuff done.
– My Dual Core T60 thinkpad (200772U) – I bought this right before I left my job at IBM. Not quite cutting edge anymore, but still like a rock. The docking station makes it real convenient as well.
– at home and when my wife is not using it, I use a Dell Dimension e521 with vista
– Microsoft’s free sync-toy keeps my working files in sync on the two computers
– Documents, pictures, and videos are primarily backed up to a 500GB WD mybook
– gmail – emailing, documents archiving, contact info
– All notes are taken with Microsoft OneNote‘s tabbed folder system
– When offline and for free-form notes I use a 5×8 ruled moleskine notebook
– For calendaring and to-do’s I use google calendar. Microsoft Outlook is used as needed when offline.
– google deskop for quick file and document searches
– A Canon S80 point and shoot camera. For photo management and touch-ups I use picasa. with facebook and flickr plugins so I can upload directly as well. I use irfanview for simple resizing and image editing.
– wordpress.org for blogging
– google reader for quick blog reading
– windows live messenger and googletalk primarily for IM
– twhirl for occasional twitter updates
– an esso speedpass – so I can pay for overpriced gas, even faster
I’ll list off some resources I feed off of later as well.