The Tangible Kingdom…

tangible kingdomI just received an advanced copy of “The Tangible Kingdom – Creating incarnational community” from Leadership Network by Hugh Halter and Matt Smay. I have so many other things to read, but I haven’t been able to put this one down.

Without giving away too much of the content, let me just say it’s refreshing to hear the tone with which they write.

They are honest about their wounds, they give honor to ‘traditional church’, they’re open to the various types of people and structures needed in the local church today, and heck they’re even funny.

I haven’t finished it just yet, but I”m so glad they’re sharing their story with the rest of us.

• aaron February 6, 2008, 12:14 am

sounds like good read

• Lon February 6, 2008, 10:44 pm

Hey Aaron, yup, read it sometime, i’m just about done. btw, i’ll get back to you on the post in the next couple days.

• hugh halter April 12, 2008, 4:01 pm

Hey Lon, thanks for letting your friends know about the Tangible Kingdom. We just uploaded the Tangible Kingdom video on Youtube. You may want to throw that on your site. It’s pretty helpful in giving people a different look at the book. Also, feel free to throw my blog on your list. http://www.hughhalter.com Look forward to meeting you sometime.
    Hugh

• Lon April 14, 2008, 12:56 am

Hugh, thanks so much for commenting, i loved the book! I’m hoping more people get a chance to read it. i’ll definitely add you to my link list and put the youtube video up soon as well. Thanks for keeping me in the loop on it!

• Missio May 7, 2009, 7:21 pm

Several months back, we noticed on your blog that you wrote about The Tangible Kingdom by Hugh Halter and Matt Smay. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

One of the questions Matt and Hugh often received following the launch of that book was “Loved the book, but how do I get my community to do that?” The newly launched The Tangible Kingdom Primer is our effort to help small groups and churches do just that. It is an 8-week guide to creating missional and incarnational communities.

If you would like to receive a free copy of the Primer, please contact us at: books{AT} crmleaders.org. Please provide your name, the street mailing address you would like it delivered to (no P.O. Box please) and your email address. In the subject line, put Tangible Kingdom Primer Blog Copy.

For more details on the Primer, please log on to http://www.tangiblekingdom.com

• Lon June 2, 2009, 10:20 am

just sent an email out, thanks for the offer!