I’ve written several times on preaching before, but here’s a few of my latest reflections as I’m preparing for tomorrow morning.
- The challenge of preaching is you’re always calling people to a place you’re struggling to go yourself.
- Preaching in different places four of the last five weekends, I can see how this can get a bit tiring if you’re going 52 weeks of the year.
- I’m no where near as short on ‘material’ as I had been warned before, the Word of God is so densely rich!
- I find I learn so much when I’m just handed a passage to preach on rather than picking and choosing stuff myself
- Although I enjoy speaking and I do find it an art-form, I still have questions on it’s place in effectively transforming lives
- Cutting down content in a sermon for good reasons like clarity and time can be like killing your babies. Holding back fresh gems that God has revealed to me is easier said than done.