Personality info…

I’m not sure how much value there is in all these personality/strengths tests out there… yet I can stop. Here’s my latest below.

Click to view my Personality Profile page

I’ve always been borderline Extraverted / Introverted. It makes more sense to me since recently learning that you tend to be both if you’re an only-child or much older than your siblings. Here’s more on the ENFP profile and the NF visionary trait.

The rest of it seems about right, though my wife always says, what’s the point of knowing your strengths, passions, and gifts if you don’t have the courage to use it?

I’d love to hear where you are on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and how it impacts you, you can take the test here and report back!

• Sam. August 28, 2007, 9:22 am

I’m a borderline I/ENFP as well. I just took the test on that site actually and came out ENFP with 53% on ‘E’. The others stay the same but the I/E changes every time!

I just noticed you’re 100% intuitive. Wow!

Nothing like a spouse to say it like it is though!!

• Alan August 28, 2007, 10:36 pm

Your wife is tough on you! She’d beat me to a pulp, I think.

I’m an ENFP, but I assert I’m a learned E, and I think the test doesn’t account for learned traits over preferred, like it’s supposed.

Regarding that Myers-Briggs is a ‘preference’ indicator, note also that all people have all of the traits, it’s simply to what degree you prefer to use one or the other. I would guess that if you read the Sensing category down the list, you would match strongly with that too.

There’s value in them, I’m sure, but only as an informing to what you’re already doing, which might make your wife’s statement that much more… apropos.

• Lon August 29, 2007, 9:37 am

wow, ENFP’s unite!

And Alan, I’m a learned E as well… i was a shy boy most of my life!

• Sam. August 29, 2007, 9:39 am

Maybe it is true that you attract people most like you! Are all your blog readers ENFP’s?!

• Brandon August 29, 2007, 7:25 pm

Dare I say it….yes, I am also an ENFP. I am high on the N and close to the middle on the rest. We really need to diversify 🙂

• Lon August 29, 2007, 8:34 pm

my goodness, you too Brandon? I’ve always thought we naturally attract those we are most like… but in a Christian context… i think we’re on to something. I wonder what Jesus would be, and if he’d be attracted to us?

any other ENFP’s out there, or those that beg to differ?

• Marty August 29, 2007, 10:47 pm

I just took the test and I have to say these kind of test annoy me. Some of the questions could be answered differently by me on a different day. I prefer tests that have the third option of both. Yet, like all of you I take every test I come across. This one says I’m ENTP (originator) – nothing like being compared to Weird Al Yankovic.

• Lon August 30, 2007, 7:40 pm

Hey Marty, thanks for chiming in. Finally! someone ‘slightly’ different! Hrm.. i wonder if introverts are less likely to comment as well?

• KELLY February 8, 2008, 2:47 pm

I AM BORDERLINE I/ENFP, THE E WINING OUT BY 2 OR 3 PTS, I CAN’T REMEMBER. IS THERE A WRITTEN PROFILE FOR THIS TYPE ANYWHERE? ALSO, I NOTICED THE COMMENTS ON THIS PAGE IS FROM MALES, I AM FEMALE. ARE THERE MORE MALES WITH THIS TYPE THAN FEMALES?

• Lon February 8, 2008, 9:51 pm

Hey Kelly, thanks for commenting! haha, yeah there were a lot of males, i’ve no doubt there are plenty of female enfp’s as well! there’s plenty of info pages on enfp if you google around. here’s a couple