I finally got around to checking out wis.dm yesterday. It’s one of the latest social networking sites emerging.
wis.dm has a streamlined approach to q&a networking allowing only yes or no responses, which seems to simplify and increase participation.
I popped several questions yesterday and received as many as 60 responses already to some of my questions within the day.
Here are some of the current results of my own polls
– 72% of people agree their ‘wants’ take away from the ‘needs’ of others on this planet
– 93% of people say they have hope for the future
– 67% of people say the state of humanity is getting worse
– 66% of people say they have a role in serving humanity
– 77% of people say they believe in life before death
– 63% of people say the Amercian way of life is unsustainable
– 65% of people agree that celebrities exist because we would rather sit around and watch someone else live an extraordinary life
– 75% of people say as human beings we have a responsibility to the poor, oppressed, and marginalized
– 60% of people say they are cool with Jesus but it’s Christian’s they have a problem with
and most importantly
– 70% of people agree that they like sausages with cheese in them
The value of this – Extremely quick demographic polling that gives you access to tons of people you’ve never known.
As leaders, culture shapers, church planters, and community builders I definitely think this can be a valuable resource.
See my other questions here and try it yourself.