Am I smiling?

We interrupt our current series on Creativity with a new episode of “Am I smiling?”

So I went to walmart to get new passport photos (when I really should have went to costco for half the price).

I’m told my writing on my sweatshirt is not allowed. I take it off.

I’ve got a white t-shirt on under. Also not allowed.

I end up putting on one of their graduation gowns to cover it up.

I feel ridiculous and no smiling is allowed.

After several shots with coaching I walk out with my passport photos.

I line up for an hour in Ottawa to submit my form.

Lady at the counter rejects my application, because she thinks I’m smiling!

I say it’s just beautiful content. She laughs, and turns me away.

passport photo

My brother in-law thinks it’s just the ‘joy of the Lord’ radiating from me.

What do you think?

• parke April 4, 2007, 9:59 am

Ha, with the glowing light behind you, the black shroud, the shaved head and the faint smile, you look like the stereotypical movie monk.

• deana April 4, 2007, 11:02 am

yes I think you should have told her you were a monk. 😉

I think you are smiling too.

• Grace April 4, 2007, 4:09 pm

Lon, I think you ARE smiling.. hahaha

-gRaCe-

• tony sheng April 4, 2007, 8:25 pm

those passport processes – they just force you to smile sometimes huh? 😉

• ebrian April 5, 2007, 9:07 am

I’ve gotten pretty good at those photos after my last passport renewal photo. It took me about 15 tries before I finally got one that didn’t look angry or smiling. If you look at my health and driver’s cards, they’re all like that too.

• Lon April 5, 2007, 11:26 am

thanks for the monk comments guys, just what i needed to hear!

i’ll admit it, it was slightly my fault, i’ve got super smiles on my driver’s license and health card, and thought I might be able to get away with just a tiny grin on this one.

what a mistake that was!

I just found out babies aren’t allowed to smile or frown either with passport photos, and they need to be pictured sitting up on their own without showing your hands holding them up! just crazy!

• obahsomah April 5, 2007, 12:11 pm

We had to lay Max down while laying on a piece of white poster board at the passport photo place. It took and they alllowed it!