I’m pregnant…

Well, i’m not, but my wife sure is pregnant. At first we were hesitant on telling anyone, since all the books and friends seemed to advise to wait at least three months. But we thought about it some more, and felt that keeping it to ourselves would have been more motivated by fear, and all the “what if’s”, rather than faith, hope, and love.

If anything did happen we’d want our community’s prayers and support throughout the process. I can not explain how excited I am!

Here’s our little one at 5cm’s (The black is liquid, the round circle on the right is his/her big head, and the body’s laying across to left). The process of life is so freaking phenomenal.

our baby

• obahsomah May 23, 2006, 11:00 pm

Oh so happy for you both! Congratulations!!!!!!

• breathe fire May 24, 2006, 12:20 am

Congratulations to both of you!

May you both have an easy pregnancy, a healthy baby, and His guidance for the future.

• Tommy May 24, 2006, 12:26 am

Congratulations!

• Stuart May 24, 2006, 6:50 am

Congratulations! 🙂

• tony sheng May 24, 2006, 7:55 am

thats awesome! congrats! you are going to love being parents!

• Sam. May 24, 2006, 9:41 am

How exciting! Congratulations to you and your wife!!

• Nathan May 24, 2006, 10:52 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How awesome!

• Lu May 24, 2006, 11:34 am

Big Congrats to you!!! How fun!

Thanks for showing us your baby pic. I love these things, even though I can’t ever seem to find the “baby”… it’s just cool to think that’s a little life growing. You’re right, the process of life IS freaking phenomenal!

• chad May 24, 2006, 1:51 pm

Lon…that’s really cool man. We just got our sonogram pics today as well. It was incredible! The baby was moving all over the place. We could see everything…that to say…it’s a girl!

We can’t wait. As soon as I figure out how to put pics on my vox posts…we can compare photos. Blessings, Chad

• nooc May 24, 2006, 2:06 pm

Awesome! Congrats!

You think you’re freaked now…

The first time I felt our first daughter move in my wife’s stomach…sitting on the bed in a hotel room in Cuba… I screamed like a girl… out of fright not excitement… what kind of alien is in there?!?! 😀

nooc

• mixedmoss May 24, 2006, 2:08 pm

Congratulations! What joy! Just think, soon there will be a new little Vox, a new Voice in the world. Each one is a miracle. Treasure yours!

In the international development field there is great talk of over-population as a threat to sustainability and population control; but I dislike that talk. I love kids; each baby is a miracle, each child a precious gift, each human soul inhabited by a divine spark. And if I had to go through the world and choose which ones to get rid of so the rest might live better lives, why, I couldn’t. I can’t wait to meet your little miracle.

• Dave Kludt May 24, 2006, 2:17 pm

Hey man, congrats!

• psychopastor May 24, 2006, 2:54 pm

Congrats. Good choice to share the blessing. News like this is too good to keep to yourself.

• nooc May 24, 2006, 3:07 pm

Have you thought of names yet? It’s never too early to get the baby it’s own vox site. Prenatal blogging? Could happen. 😀

nooc

• The Bishop May 24, 2006, 3:22 pm

Congratulations!

• Lon May 24, 2006, 5:26 pm

Wow, that was a great voxtropolis community response! Thanks for the words of encouragement from all of you!

Lu – Yeah our baby was moving around quite a bit. They’re still pretty hard to make out at this stage. But just mindblowing nonetheless.

Chad – get your pics up!

Tony – I can tell you love being parent… I can’t wait… another human to shape and mold after me. hahaha….. unless it’s a girl…

mixedmoss – What a miracle they are truly! We/Our planet will just have to find another way to sustain us all. Maybe if we cut back on things just a tad in north america! I recently found out I take up an ecological footprint of five Earth’s if everyone lived like me.

Nooc… They are little alien’s aren’t they? I’ve got lots of names floating around. I’m not sure how many my wife approves of though! maybe i’ll let the vox community vote on’em!

• obahsomah May 24, 2006, 6:19 pm

Lon…unless it’s a girl??????? Steve’s daughter Abbey has picked up on more of Steve’s way of thinking than anyone else. Girl’s are daddy’s first…it’s just built in them.

• Lon May 25, 2006, 9:17 am

Hey Deana, that’s hilarious. My wife and I were just talking about your comment this morning. I guess I just figured since I’ve never been a girl, I wouldn’t really know how to help shape a daughter. I imagine myself whipping a boy into shape, and loving a daughter just as she is. Is that sexist? would I be short changing one of them? That’s just my hunch right now, but who knows when things really happen….

If anything I’d probably guide her like I would a boy I’m guessing.

• snakesanddoves May 25, 2006, 9:35 am

Hey: advice… GET SOME SLEEP NOW!!!

More advice… SEE ANY FILMS YOU WANT TO NOW!!!

Further advice… GO OUT TO LOTS OF RESTAURANTS NOW!!!

(while there’s still time!)

Congrats to you both.

• obahsomah May 25, 2006, 11:26 am

I’ll add on to that…go to movies…NOW

Spend hours by yourself…NOW

Go on an adventure…a real adventure…NOW…unless your wife is having morning sickness…then wait…but if we would have done one thing differently while I was pregnant with Max, or before, I would have gone somewhere really amazing…safe enough…but amazing.

And once you see him/her you will immediately start pouring yourself into them. It really does come natural. You will each bring into parenting a bit of yourselves, a bit of your parents, and grandparents. And the very best thing to remember through it all…is out of the billions of people in the world, God looked and searched and found the two of you to be the best match for your child.

• cmart May 26, 2006, 11:50 am

Congrats. We have two little girls. They are the best!!

Blessings to your family,
    Carl

• mixedmoss May 26, 2006, 12:17 pm

About spoiling a girl and being tough on a boy: in my opinion this is why kids have both a Mom and a Dad! Your wife won’t know what to do with a boy any more than you know what to do with a girl. Lol.

Girls are definitely Daddy’s Little Princess. And they are also definitely allowed to be tomboys when they’re around their Dads! If it’s a girl, teach her to throw a football, ride a bike, use a tool set, and throw a punch by the time she’s sixteen (But save the “throwing a punch” until she’s tall enough and old enough to know where not to punch a guy). All women should know how to do those things. Actually there’s a long list of things women should know but that’ll do to start. 😉 I promise, when she’s twenty five she’ll thank you.

• Lon May 27, 2006, 9:59 pm

wow, thanks for the great tips/insights!

you’re all hilarious… but i guess you’r enot being funny when you’re telling us to do our own stuff while we can right NOW.

I sure hope any possible daughters are daddy’s little princess, i wouldn’t know how else to treat them! But yeah, they’ll definitely be equipped to hang with and take on the boys!

And oh yes… travel. we’ve got a couple weeks in august we’re trying to decide on. Yvonne’ll be six/seven months pregnant though, so i’m finding deciding on somewhere adventurous AND safe quite difficult!

• Rachel May 28, 2006, 10:30 am

Congratulations Lon! Looking forward to the latest news and photos. Baby’s are incredible. Hope you find somewhere exciting to go.

• nozza May 31, 2006, 2:41 am

Dude…congrats! I first saw your post on a big screen at the ORIGINS conference – Alex McManus was showing Voxtropolis and this post was the first on the list of top ten. He even made reference to it by saying ‘Oh look, someone’s pregnant!’.

My wife is also pregnent at the moment. We have just under 3 months left to go. It is an exciting time and the scans are amazing. Actually seeing your baby’s heart beating is an experience that I will never forget.

We have also just starting seeing the baby move from the outside – definitely a weird thing! but very, very cool. I can’t wait to be a daddy.

And I can’t wait to see our little future superhero!

• Lon May 31, 2006, 1:56 pm

Thanks Rachel! I sure hope so too. Nozza, I’ve been wanting to go to Origins for years, I’m glad to know I made a bit of an appearance!

Wow, you and your wife are a lot further down than we are. Glad you’re excited as well. I can’t wait till that special birth-day!