Millions…

Million's MovieI just rented, and ended up keeping and buying the movie Millions. It’s a british indi-film that only made 6 million at the box office, but I absolutely love.

It’s a quaint and charming PG movie about a boy struggling to do what he believes is right, no matter how naive, in a world that doesn’t share the same values. There’s a mixture of Catholicism, mysticism, and fantasy throughout and makes for a great discussion. Go watch it!

This is a song from the soundtrack I can’t get enough of. It’s called ‘Nirvana’ by El Bosco and features a Spanish children’s choir.

• Lon February 10, 2006, 2:08 pm

testing

• tony sheng February 10, 2006, 2:26 pm

I loved that movie too. Is that song the one that played at the very end?

• ariah fine February 10, 2006, 5:16 pm

great movie! The Tags on the bottom of my page are a plugin for Wordpress, you could suggest they get it for Vox but I’m not sure that will happen.

• Deana February 10, 2006, 5:46 pm

loved that movie too! i recommend it often!

• onelife February 11, 2006, 12:10 pm

Wow, i can’t believe all of you watched it! How on earth did it only make six million dollars with the four of us recommending it to everyone! and yes Tony, it’s the song at the last scene…

reading the lyrics for it, it’s got some new age elements as the song starts with john 1:1 and then talks about buddha and allah… still it’s a great tune!

• danielledworak February 12, 2006, 4:42 pm

Lon – thanks for the thoughts about the Impound Lot. Glad to hear your mom is ok after her accident. The life of a loved one is irreplaceable…..a car always is. 🙂 And how random that you are talking about “Millions” – I have seen it in the video store a few times and have wanted to rent it. Now I definitely will!

• Mark February 13, 2006, 1:21 pm

Excellent movie – funny, we were just talking about it last night, and then saw this blog entry this morning . . . Danny Boyle is a talented guy!

I’m looking at starting a “God in movies” thing at church here . . . This’d be one for the list. (Let me know any others you think of!)

mark

• onelife February 18, 2006, 9:00 pm

Hey Mark, thanks for dropping by. I’d like to see a good list as well. Contact, The Stand, and Crash come to mind for me at the moment. I’m sure there are many others, some more subtle than others.

• Mark February 19, 2006, 8:39 am

Hmmm . . .Crash has come up SO many times now – I need to see it apparently (I have a copy of it – $5 from the video store, but havent seen it yet)

Thanks