Every person is called to be on mission…

I’ve lost track of how many people that I’ve encountered who think that life is just about being a christian, or a good citizen, or worse yet just getting by. One of those people was me.

People have said to my face that I was a waste of potential growing up, but I didn’t mind at all. In high school I had told people that I planned to be dead by thirty because nothing really mattered anyways. In the school yearbook, they have a section called ‘most likely to…’ ie. become a doctor, an actor, etc. my name was next to ‘most likely to live in a box’.

All that changed when God grabbed a hold of my soul.

second core value: Every person is called to be on mission

The good news of God always comes to us on its way to someone else. It must never be contained or possessed. The call of Jesus goes far beyond acceptance and heaven. Every follower of Jesus that remains on this earth continues to live and breathe for a reason. Every child of God is called to join the Father on His mission of sharing his heart and passion with the entire world. This mission is not only to the gifted or the elite, but is entrusted to every person regardless of ability. God believes in each one of us more than we could ever believe in Him. His mission is our mission.

• V. February 22, 2006, 10:51 am

“The good news of God always comes to us on its way to someone else”

love it! Can’t say it much clearer than that!

• Lon February 22, 2006, 2:29 pm

Thanks V., actually I think I was inspired by Alex McManus on that statement.

Many people have influenced my life and my values, and some things have become so much a part of my heart, to be honest, I can’t tell where it came from any longer. I’m very much indebted to many of the greats that have gone before me…

• Nozza February 24, 2006, 9:55 am

Lon,
    I like your posts…very inspiring and encouraging to hear other like-minded people! And it is great to hear how God grasps people and changes their lives. Isn’t it amazing to think that God is head-over-heels in love with us? Praise Him!!!

• Nathan February 24, 2006, 10:13 am

That’s a great follow up for your first core value.

For lack of a better word, it’s so cool that Christ came that we may have life abundantly. I hate catching myself blandly, mindlessly following a routine when Christ calls us to danger and excitment. I hope we always live in such a way that people desire the adventure of Christ. It’s good to be on mission.

• Lon February 24, 2006, 6:35 pm

Thanks for dropping by Nozza and Nathan… hope we can ‘visit’ one another often. It is absolutely amazing how God chooses to use us… actually a bit frightening considering what’s at stake. I’m a bit nervous now as I’m preparing to host a monthly gathering of spiritual seekers that i lead… 30 minutes to go… i’ll post about it later.

• Tommy February 25, 2006, 1:05 pm

Lon,

Great post! I am so thankful that God uses me in spite of myself. It is the only life worth living. Thanks