Dr. George Hunter III in Church for the unchurched, has listed ten features of apostolic congregations
1. They take a redundant approach to rooting believers and seekers into Scriptures.
2. They are disciplined and earnest in prayer, and they expect to experience God’s actions and response.
3. Compassion for the lost and un-churched is non-negotiable.
4. They actually obey the Great Commission more as a warrant or privilege than mere duty. There main business is to make faith possible for the un-reached people in their community. Evangelism of the un-churched is not merely one of many more or less equally important ministries of the church.
5. They have a motivationally sufficient vision for what people as disciples can become.
6. They are congregations that adapt to the language, music, style of the target population’s culture.
7. They are congregations that labor to involve everyone into small groups.
8. They prioritize the involvement of all Christians in lay ministry for which they are gifted.
9. They receive regular pastoral care from specific people who are gifted at shepherding ministry.
10. They engage into many ministries specifically designed to the un-churched.